Portrait Collection Tour 2016
Artist Amber Gabrielle Stephens has created twelve paintings featuring some of New Zealand’s most high profile summer and winter Paralympians and Para athletes. The collection includes London 2012 Paralympic Games medallists, Sophie Pascoe, Michael Johnson, Cameron Leslie and Mary Fisher, Sochi 2014 and PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games medallist, Corey Peters, and World Champion Para cyclists Emma Foy and Laura Thompson.
The Spirit of Gold® Collection toured New Zealand for 35 weeks. The aim was to increase awareness and raise funds to support the New Zealand Paralympic Games team on the road to the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games and the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.
- Portraits were exhibited in 85 locations
- 45 Paralympians attended the events
- 120,000 people viewed the collection live
- 14 Million people viewed the collection through media and social media
- 10,000 Spirit of Gold brochures distributed
- 16,000 km traveled throughout New Zealand