Please browse the listings below for vacancies within the New Zealand Para sport sector:
JOB OPPORTUNITY - Paralympics New Zealand Coach Development Manager
ABOUT PARALYMPICS NEW ZEALAND (PNZ)
PNZ is the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) for New Zealand. It leads teams to the Paralympic Games every two years, manages High Performance Para sport programmes, advocates for more accessibility to sport for disabled people and is responsible for increasing community awareness and engagement with disability. As a member of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), PNZ is part of a worldwide social change movement involving 175 member countries, which use the power of sport to positively influence community perceptions of disability and promote diversity and inclusion.
PNZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion and flexible working. Thus, it welcomes applications from qualified candidates from any background or life circumstances.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a ‘Coach Developer’ with a strong background in High Performance Sport who is driven by achieving results. In consultation with the PNZ High Performance Director and other key members of staff, you will lead the development and implementation a PNZ Coach Development Plan and provide development support to PNZ targeted coaches.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Has a passion for coaching.
- Can relate to all kinds of people from various backgrounds and cultures, adjusting information, communication and approach to different individuals.
- Is confident in providing constructive feedback, and comfortarble to challenge in a positive manner and uses diplomacy and tact when needed.
- Is a good listener and appreciates other people’s views.
- Builds confidence and belief.
- Demonstrates high levels of empathy.
- Is comfortable challenging in a positive manner.
- Can manage and deliver on multiple projects under tight timeframes.
- Has experience in either being a high performance coach or working with high performance coaches.
- Has held a leadership role either in project
- Has worked with coaches on Individual Development Plans.
- Has experience in reading, understanding and interpreting research.
This is a new fixed term, 0.6 FTE role available now until December 2020, with extension possible. It represents a rare and exciting opportunity to help support PNZ coaches to support Para athletes ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
Applications should be sent to the Paralympics New Zealand High Performance Director at email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 3rd August
Download PNZ Coach Development Manager Brief