- What personal information we collect
- Where we collect personal information from.
- How we use or disclose personal information.
- How we store personal information.
- How you can access and change your personal information.
- How long we hold personal information.
- Who you can contact for further information.
What personal information do we collect?
Generally we collect only the personal information that is given to us by you or by someone we believe is authorised on your behalf. This information may include personal information such as your name, address, phone numbers, email address and date of birth, and billing information such as credit card number and expiry date and billing address.
Where do we collect personal information from?
We may collect personal information about you by the following means:
- When you request to receive communications or other information from us.
- When you contact us for information about us or the services we provide.
- Indirectly through your use of the Site and the functionality or services offered through it.
- When you make a donation through the Site.
We may also collect personal information through public sources and through third party service providers, where you have agreed to the release of such personal information to us.
We will not otherwise collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it.
How do we use or disclose your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to queries.
- Providing you with information about us.
- Providing you with our services, as requested by you.
- Providing you with information about the services we provide.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- For any specific purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
- For our administrative purposes.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- In order for us to carry out any of the purposes referred to above, including where the disclosure is in connection with any of these purposes.
- If we are requested to disclose your personal information in the course of a legal or other criminal investigation or proceeding.
- If the disclosure is to one of our third party contractors or commercial partners with whom we have in place appropriate arrangements preserving the confidentiality and security of the information.
Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
How do we store personal information?
We store personal information electronically and in paper form. The personal information is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standard of security. In some cases our third party contractors (e.g. server hosting companies) may store personal information on our behalf, however we will ensure that such contractors have in place appropriate standards of security and confidentiality.
We have taken precautions to ensure that any credit card payments via the Site are safe and secure. We store your credit card details after your first purchase so you don’t need to continually enter and transmit those details over the internet. To protect your personal information and privacy, we automatically encrypt your credit card data using Braintree. Braintree encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. We have also implemented measures to ensure that your stored credit card details are kept safe.
How you can access and change your personal information
You may access the personal information that we hold concerning you. If you wish to access, update or correct any of this personal information, please contact us.
For how long do we hold personal information?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for and in all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation and regulations.
Who can you contact for further information?
Paralympics New Zealand Incorporated
2.10 Axis Building
1 Cleveland Road
+64 9 526 0760